Kitchen Integrity

All Posted Recipes:
I have tried it!
I like it!
(Or I tell you my stupid mistakes)

March 23, 2010

Gulliver's Cream Corn

This is from my mom. I love corn, and cream corn is almost a comfort food to me. For the longest time I looked for recipes to do cream corn and only found stuff that included cream corn from a can. I thought that was stupid.
Um, so anyway, here's The Recipe...

Gulliver's Cream Corn

2 (20 oz.) pkgs. frozen kernel corn
8 oz. (1/2 pint) whipping cream
8 oz. homogenized milk
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Accent (or Mrs. Dash)
6 TBSP sugar
pinch of white pepper (or cayenne pepper--even black pepper)
2 TBSP melted butter
2 TBSP flour

Combine all ingredients except butter and flour. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Mix in the butter and flour, then remove from heat. Tada! Yummy cream corn--NOT from a can!

No comments: