Kitchen Integrity

All Posted Recipes:
I have tried it!
I like it!
(Or I tell you my stupid mistakes)

May 4, 2010

Don't Try This in Your Kitchen



I did something dumb.

No--I did TWO somethings dumb.

ONE:

When you leave dough to rise on a warm stovetop (heated by a warm oven, obviously), do not test how hot the stovetop is by touching the units. I mean, duh, only a true blonde would do that.

My burn was hurting for a very long time. Stupid heat-leaky unit. Stupid idea. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

TWO:

I made a cake. I knew I had no frosting, but so what? I could make some. But I didn't want to use all my precious butter and powdered sugar...so I got an idea (oh dear, ideas in the kitchen!). I figured, hey, I have TONS of pudding...surely there's a recipe for pudding frosting out there!
Well yes, there is. But it's disgusting. Eugh...trust me. I'd have taken pictures if I could stand to see it a minute longer.

It looked like blended barf. Sloppy, soupy, chunkish, blended barf.

I made normal frosting after all (and the cake was supremely delicious).
(Oh, so was the frosting).

No comments: