Kitchen Integrity

All Posted Recipes:
I have tried it!
I like it!
(Or I tell you my stupid mistakes)

March 13, 2010

Orange Juice

Right, a recipe for orange juice. JUST kidding. But I thought I'd mention...

I do my orange juice in a blender (my smoothie-maker is the only blender I have, actually, but it works fantasticly). I love the froth of fresh orange juice, so this kind of creates the illusion that it's freshly squoze. Mmmm.

I mix barely-thawed orange juice (frozen concentrate from can) first with two cans of water to blend. After that's thoroughly mixed, I add one more can of water. Sometimes I like to crush ice with it, too.
This is not an Orange Julius. It's just orange juice, our breakfast staple. Michael adores it, and I only do if it's all frothy and fresh like this.

Oh, and...you might want to let it settle just a little before you start pouring or else the mouthful of foaminess will make you have to burp a lot. :| Heh...just thought I'd mention.

And guess what...did you know that a little glop of the frozen stuff is really tasty in your scrambled eggs? You don't notice an orangey flavor, really. It just zests up the eggs (and it can add color, too, which is needed once in a while when eggs just won't do their part). You can toss the glop in before you set to blending your juice! :)

No comments: