Kitchen Integrity

All Posted Recipes:
I have tried it!
I like it!
(Or I tell you my stupid mistakes)

January 18, 2012

Buttermilk Caramel Syrup

This syrup converted my husband to French Toast. It trumps regular syrup any day (even the pure maple stuff). It's amazing on desserts, too--you'll see. It's soooo delicious. 

Buttermilk Syrup
printable version
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 stick real butter (1/2 cup)
2 TBS corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients but vanilla in a very large pot. 



Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low (but adjust as necessary to keep it bubbling). Cook, stirring constantly for 8-9 minutes. 




After all the stirring and bubbling, remove from heat. Give it one last stir, and it will condense into this: 


Makes about 2 cups. Mmmmm!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got this same recipe from a roommate years ago, but I just made it again this past weekend and remembered how delicious it is!! So yummy!