Kitchen Integrity

All Posted Recipes:
I have tried it!
I like it!
(Or I tell you my stupid mistakes)

January 7, 2012

Chocolate Whipped Cream

This stuff is so good I started sneaking finger-dips and spoonfuls. I've never loved whipped cream so much! We ate our with strawberries. I later put a dollop on my hot cocoa, and that was one of the best cocoa-ideas I've ever had. I've been daydreaming of making all these incredible chocolate desserts now that I would top with chocolate whipped cream. Mmmm.

Whipped cream itself is quite easy. You can get all technical and chill the bowl and beaters first, but I've found that it's okay to wing it. (Not the case with meringue, I must add).

Combine 1 cup whipping cream (just use an entire half-pint carton),
2 TBS sugar, 
1/2 tsp vanilla. 
Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
Don't beat it to death or you'll have a sort of...butter-cream concoction. Still rather tasty, but not at all what we're aiming for.

Now! For the chocolate!!!
Add 2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
and 1 TBS additional sugar.
Beat into delightful fluffiness.

It is so good.

No comments: