Kitchen Integrity

All Posted Recipes:
I have tried it!
I like it!
(Or I tell you my stupid mistakes)

May 13, 2011

Grandma's Granola

Grandma Drinda Hansen has perfected her granola recipe over the years, and even though I can't capture her exact idiosyncrasies, I can get close! I've watched her make this and made it with her, and it is the most satisfying granola I have ever had. My favorite way to eat it is on some vanilla yogurt with berries...and my second favorite way to eat it is all by itself, warm from the oven.

Grandma's Granola
printable version


Melt and stir together:
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup honey
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mexican vanilla
~1 cup peanut butter (pref. "Adam's")

Mix together and add to butter mixture:
4 cups oats (2 c rolled, 2 c quick)
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds

Pat into 11x15 pan (cookie sheet/jelly roll pan)
Bake at 300--
20 minutes, break enough to flip pieces over
15 minutes, flip
10 minutes, flip and break up remaining pieces into small chunks

Let cool (or eat warm--it's like cookies).
Amazingly delicious!!!

No comments: