Kitchen Integrity

All Posted Recipes:
I have tried it!
I like it!
(Or I tell you my stupid mistakes)

May 24, 2010

Easy Meatballs


It's always an insult when a recipe calls itself Easy Something-or-other and it really isn't easy.
Thankfully, this isn't one of those recipes. It's just easy. And yummy.

Easy Meatballs

1 lb. ground beef (ground turkey makes really nice meatballs, too--almost like Swedish meatballs!)
1 egg
2 TBS water
1/2 cup bread crumbs (about 1 slice--I liked it with my dense homemade wheat bread, too)
1/4 cup minced onion (or in a pinch, 1/4 tsp onion powder)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

I like to add a generous sprinkling of Pizza Seasoning or Italian Seasoning...or any other favorite spice, depending on the mood and meal.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl combine egg, water, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper. Add ground beef, broken into chunks, and mush with your hands to combine. Call me preppy, but EW. I just use the hand mixer, it doesn't matter. Form into meatballs about 1" in diameter and place on a broiler pan (spray with PAM first).
I used a TBS measurer to scoop out uniform meatballs. They can be little or big, this recipe works either way.
Bake for 25-30 minutes (I prefer 30) until meatballs are no longer pink in center.
Serve fresh and hot -or- cool the meatballs and freeze them for later use.

This is a broiler pan:
Just in case you were wondering...because sometimes I don't know as much as my recipes presume! ;) I have often found this kind of pan abandoned in the drawer under the oven whenever we've moved. I would suppose the previous tenants didn't know what to do with it?

The only downside of these meatballs: if you use too much onion, you could maybe get yucky onion burps...at least, I do...the onion powder is a little gentler. On me. Just saying.

1 comment:

Rae said...

This looks GOOD.