Kitchen Integrity

All Posted Recipes:
I have tried it!
I like it!
(Or I tell you my stupid mistakes)

September 17, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are the perfect texture for a cookie; they have a gently crisp outside just right for dipping in milk (the way my husband likes them) and a soft, chewy inside the way I like them. They also reheat well, just 8-10 seconds in the microwave for ~3 cookies, for the comfort of hot cookies with your milk. Mmm.
And I feel less guilty knowing there's oatmeal in them.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups quick oats
1/2 package chocolate chips (or full package for double the fun...that's my style)

Preheat oven to 350*.
In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. 
Add flour mixture to sugars and mix well. 
Stir in oats and chocolate chips. 
Drop in little rounds onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes and cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. 
Makes nearly 5 dozen.

(For bar cookies: bake 30-35 minutes in ungreased 9x13 metal baking pan) 

No comments: