Kitchen Integrity

All Posted Recipes:
I have tried it!
I like it!
(Or I tell you my stupid mistakes)

September 17, 2011

Brown Melvins

These were invented by my brother Isaac during a cookie adventure where he was making all of us sisters laugh by messing with the recipe. If you've got a wickedly wonderful sense of humor, secretly drop a raisin into the mix when no one's looking. (I was Isaac's accomplice in this dastardly deed...but I was the one who ended up biting into that sneaky raisined cookie).
Get ready for amazing deliciousness!


Brown Melvins
printable version


1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp mint flavor (optional)
1/3 large banana
2 1/2 cups flour
~1/4 cup Mint Truffle cocoa drink mix
1 package semisweet chocolate chips
1 raisin (be secret about it)

Preheat oven to 375*.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
Add baking soda and salt, eggs, vanilla, mint and banana. Mix well.
Stir in flour and cocoa mix.
Stir in chocolate chips (and the raisin).

Bake 8-9 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet.
Cookies should be pretty brown-- this doesn't mean they're burned.

You can come up with a prize/chore for whoever finds the raisin! 

No comments: