Kitchen Integrity

All Posted Recipes:
I have tried it!
I like it!
(Or I tell you my stupid mistakes)

June 9, 2010

Brown Sugar-Glazed Pineapple


My mom and I like pineapples just the way they are. It's like...Mother Nature's Dessert. (Booo, cheesy choice of words!) But Michael has always loved this kind of pineapple--ever since he first tasted it with a birthday dinner at the drooly-wonderful Tucano's (that place is meat heaven).
So for this last birthday dinner, I wanted to make sure the pineapple made an appearance (along with the salmon and mushrooms and rice, my last two posts).
Oh, and I like pineapple prepared this way, too. Especially since I didn't follow a recipe (makes me feel proud of myself as if I invented the whole idea).

Brown Sugar-Glazed Pineapple

1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBS melted butter
1 - 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks

Heat an indoor grill (you may use a broiler pan if you need to--it's NOT the same effect, though).
Place pineapple chunks on a paper towel; they don't have to be completely dry, but it's easier if they're not too wet.
Stir brown sugar and butter together. Coat pineapple chunks in sugar mixture and place on grill.
Grill for 5-10 minutes, according to preference, turning the chunks as necessary for even grilling. Serve hot.

I pour the collected grill drainage over the pineapple chunks again in their serving dish to reinforce the glaze, so to speak... :)

1 comment:

Rae said...

Oh man, you just bestowed me with a monstrous Tucano's craving.