Kitchen Integrity

All Posted Recipes:
I have tried it!
I like it!
(Or I tell you my stupid mistakes)

October 15, 2010

Banana Sheet Cake

shown without icing
This is a very good breakfast (and easily halved). There's no difference (to me) between using sour cream or yogurt. It's just GOOD every time. And super, super easy! I have often made this breakfast the night before.


Banana Sheet Cake
printable version


1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream OR plain yogurt
1 cup butter (or 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup margarine)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 375

°
. Grease 10x15 baking sheet.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and spread onto baking sheet.
Bake 25 minutes or until golden.

OPTIONAL ICING:
Melt 1/2 cup butter on stove top. Remove from heat and add:
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 TBS milk
Stir until smooth and spread on warm cake.

No comments: